The entire source code including database seed for Galaxy Harvester is finally moved to a publicly available repository. Previously the source link on the page footers would link to a tarball of the sites web files, but now it links to this new GitHub repository where all Galaxy Harvester development activity will happen now. I hope this will serve these purposes:
- Help people be able to set up their own private Galaxy Harvesters easier.
- Disaster recovery incase the site needs to be recreated somewhere else for whatever reason.
- Allow for an avenue for more contributors to site development in the future.
- Provides a place to share documentation, users to report bugs, and activity to be shared/tracked.
Date: 2017-01-03 16:00:53, 16 days ago
A few updates happened over the day, here is a summary:
The long ago originator of most of the graphics on Galaxy Harvester cooked up some new header images for the site. There are many more now, and even some seasonal ones. Thanks Apex!
In order to keep current resources somewhat cleaned up for servers using automatic resource uploading, Galaxy Harvester would previously automatically mark unavailable any resource that was available for over 30 days. To tighten this up even more, this cleanup will now happen according to the default maximum spawn durations typically set. 11 days for most Inorganics, and 22 days for Organics and JTL resources.
Rogue One server recently added a new planet, Lothal. Lothal is now added to Galaxy Harvester so resources can be reported there.
Date: 2016-12-28 23:44:15, 22 days ago
Being a community driven site, we sometimes have issues with data in Galaxy Harvester. The reputation system is intended to help manage that in an automatic way, so that if someone gets enough negative reputation hits in a certain galaxy the system will limit their access to the resources in that galaxy. Unfortunately the system around that wasn't very developed and people have been running into issues where the reputation system is missing some problems and even restricting people when it should not. So we're going to start enhancing that system a bit to help with this.
This update is the first wave of enhancement to the reputation system. I expect at least one more update to follow with more tweaks and possibly an achievements based addition that will not only enhance reputation but also be a help to new users in general. Here is the initial changes that you will start seeing with today's update.
- Additional check for detecting resources added to the wrong galaxy.
- Reputation award for contributions after resources have despawned added.
- Home page alerts provided when reputation changes.
- Added cooldown period for posting after reputation drop to reduce new accidental wrong entries.
Date: 2016-11-13 14:02:40, 67 days ago
The number of SWGEmu based servers continues to expand, and many of those projects continue to add exciting new content to expand on the game we love - even new planets.
You may have noticed references to these new planets on Galaxy Harvester even if the server you play on does not have them. That is because Galaxy Harvester was never designed to represent different galaxies having different available planets. When we went to add the latest planet addition, it seemed a good time to do something about that, as the additions could end up being quite a clutter of unnecessary information for some people. So in addition to adding the planet Mandalore as an available selection today, we have also made the following changes.
- When adding resources, the available planets to pick from will be based on your currently selected Galaxy.
- When viewing resource lists, the planet bar will only include planets that are valid for that resources galaxy.
- On the Waypoint Maps and Survey Tool screens, only planets related to your selected galaxy will be shown.
As always, if you are running an SWGEmu server listed on Galaxy Harvester and have new planets added to your server, email us at the contact address to get those planets associated to your galaxy on the site so players can select them.
Date: 2016-08-01 17:33:32, 171 days ago
What is a server best resource? This question is more complicated than it sounds, it comes with a lot of "It depends...". What profession? What schematic? What experimental property? For example, do you care about encumbrance or effectiveness? Filling or duration? Different crafters are interested in different things, so... it depends. Based on suggestion votes though, many people sure are interested in hearing when a new server best resource spawns, so we set out to build the tools to make that happen.
In the most recent update to Galaxy Harvester you will find some new functionality in existing pages that allow you to keep track of the new top spawns you care about. In the following list, I'll go over the specific areas on the site where you can take advantage of this.
- Default Alert Types - Your profile page now has a new setting to define your default alert types. This will define how you are alerted for all server best alerts, and the default types selected when you create a new general spawn alert.
- Favorite Professions - On the My Alerts page is a new section where you can favorite a profession. By selecting a profession as a favorite, you subscribe to all server best alerts for that profession.
- Favorite Schematics - On the Schematics page is a new option to view the list of your favorite schematics, and each individual schematic page has a star you can click to select that schematic as a favorite. By selecting a schematic as a favorite, you subscribe to all server best alerts related to that schematic.
- Resource History - On each resource spawn page (the one you go to when clicking the name of a specific resource spawn anywhere on the site), there is a new list that will show up if that resource spawned as or close to a server best.
Galaxy Harvester checks all new spawns that are entered to see if they are the new server best or close to it (within 5%) in any experimental property group for any schematic. Any results are published to that spawns server best history, and if you are subscribed to any related schematic or it's profession, you will get an alert. You can easily subscribe to a whole profession, but if you find that you are getting alerts you don't care about, you might consider un-favoriting the profession and just selecting as favorites the schematics of that profession you care about.
Other minor updates:
- Add an nicer format for all Alert E-mails.
- Log the previous stats of a resource when it is edited.
- Improve performance on resource adds by delaying after checks.
- Fix bug causing blank screen if you go to recipes page when not logged in.
- Add Recipes button in logged in toolbar and remove redundant links from other links on home page.
We hope these tools help to ensure you never miss out on a great resource. Enjoy, and please post here and let us know how the new Server Best tools are working out for you.
Date: 2016-06-27 23:24:13, 206 days ago
A few updates are being released today, mainly related to the favorites/my resources tool. These are the three main enhancements there you can enjoy now:
- My Resources list sortable by clicking on a column header
- Export button for saving your resources list as a .csv file
- View list of your favorite resource types, with links to those types. (Being able to favorite a resource type is new as well. To favorite a resource type, just click the star next to the name on that resource type's page.)
There's also some other minor release notes:
- Fix for occasional login issues related to small differences in the way a user name is typed.
- Fix for some instances where a user could not access their own recipes.
- Display recent spawns above top spawns on resource type page.
- Added a back to recipe home page to the individual recipe detail screen.
- Added a link from favorites/my resources to the recipe home page.
- Associate new recipes to selected galaxy so a user can maintain separate recipes between different galaxies.
Date: 2016-05-16 21:41:28, 248 days ago
As of today, you should be able to find the new Galaxy Harvester mobile app in stores!
It is being published on four platforms; Android, Apple (iOS), Windows Phone, and Amazon. For more information on this app, see the previous post, or the new mobile apps page.
Date: 2016-03-22 20:28:07, 303 days ago
Things sure have been quiet around here for a while. That is not because Galaxy Harvester has been abandoned, far from it. For quite some time, having a Galaxy Harvester mobile app has been at the top of the suggestions list. For the past several months, the answer to that call has been in development. The Galaxy Harvester mobile app is now getting close to release!
Here are some details:
- When Available? Sometime in March or early April 2016
- What Platforms? Android, iOS, and Windows Phone
- How Much Will It Cost? 0.99 USD
- What Languages? English, French, German, Norwegian
You might also be wondering what it can do. Here is the feature list for the app as currently planned for the initial release.
- Select Galaxy
- Password Reset
- Add/Edit Resources
- Add/Edit Waypoints
- Browse Recent Activity
- Search Resources By Type,Group,Quality,Availability,Name,Favorites
- Manage Spawn and Despawn Alert Filters
- Get Alerts inside Mobile App
- Browse News
- OCR Partial Resource Add assist with camera
And, how about a little sneak peak too...
Date: 2016-02-28 17:51:25, 326 days ago
You should now be able to add new suggestions and comment on existing ones on the feedback page. You must be logged in to do so.
Getting the addition of planet information to the exports file recently rose to the top of the popular suggestions. As of the next export, planet information will be included in the xml and csv export files.
Date: 2015-06-28 10:32:27, 1 year and 206 days ago
Ok, so today we have a return of the Suggestions and Feedback page. Almost. At this point you can view and vote on feedback, but the ability to add new items and comment on existing ones is still in the works.
Also, as players on the Bloodfin server are aware, the new planets available there Hoth, and Dromund Kaas have not quite had full functionality here on Galaxy Harvester due to missing resource types and other details. As of now, almost all of those types are available and all site functionality for those planets should be available. There are a few resource types I think that might still not be in the list, but they will be getting added soon.
Date: 2015-06-13 17:25:33, 1 year and 221 days ago